Sunday, July 10, 2011

Serial fiancée...

Work and holidays delayed my plans but once I settled down to it, Match.com seemed to get off to a good start. I invested an hour winking and emailing a few interesting enough looking prospects. And one, Rory, got back pretty much straight away and asked me out.  I kind of liked his approach and so ended up meeting him for a drink after work during the week.  And it was, well... not great if I'm being honest.

He seemed ok for the first hour until I agreed to have dinner with him. (Seriously, have I learned nothing? I know that dinner on a first blind date is a bad idea).  He did an awful lot of talking about himself. He interrupted the few stories I had the chance to tell to make non-funny, often lewd jokes. He mentioned that he'd been engaged 3 times. I looked, I would imagine, quite incredulous at hearing this.  He quickly assured me that the first two weren't "real" engagements - he didn't didn't even get as far as a ring with one of them. So, third time lucky, he joked. Given that the marriage was a brief one and he was now separated, I didn't really agree.

He was just really not my type.  I fudged spectacularly when he asked to meet me again, made a hasty escape and haven't heard from him since.

So, I have one other prospect of a date in the pipeline. All in all though, I'm not loving Match.com this time around. There doesn't seem to be a significant number of men on it. I may be going back to POF at the end of my subscription after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment