Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back in the saddle...

So, I'm back on plentyoffish.com now for about three weeks.. I've created a new profile and I'm using some new photos - just to avoid the feeling of deja vu.  My first (badly written) contact was from a guy called Darren. His picture showed him laughing hysterically - while naked in a bath. Nice tatoos and pot belly, Darren.

Sigh.

The next contact showed much more promise. Nigel works in TV, is very cute, quite funny and knows how to use an apostrophe. I was further encouraged when he, impressively quickly, suggested meeting for a coffee that week. So, I accepted.

Then his emails began to dwell a lot more on things like his "abandonment issues",  "difficulty trusting women" and his "tendancy to sabotage relationships". I tried to ignore this and give him the benefit of the doubt.  So we began the process of arranging coffee.  Normally that process goes a bit like this:

Me: "Coffee this week sounds great. Thursday?"
Him: "Sounds good. Maybe after work then?"
Me: "Cool. I work in Ballsbridge - where are you based?"
Him: "IFSC. So maybe around Baggot St would be a good halfway point?"
Me: "Wonderful - see you then."

Instead, our exchange went a bit like this...

Me: "Coffee this week sounds great. Thursday?"
Him: "Sounds good. IFSC?"
Me: "Actually, I work in Ballsbridge - so that's not great for me?
Him: "It's actually not that far from Ballsbridge"
Me: "How about around Grafton St - probably halfway for both of us?"
Him: "Well, ok I suppose.  Maybe somewhere on the Grafton St side of IFSC?"
Me: "What's the story Nigel, will your parole alarm go off if you leave the confines of the IFSC?

Sigh again.

So anyway, I decided that Nigel and his trust issues might be better suited to someone else. Hopefully one frog (or fish) closer to a prince though.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment