Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Slow week..

So, it's a slow week in the world of online dating - despite the bleedin' HOURS I'm investing in it.
Perhaps it's the summer but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of the kind of guy I'm looking for online. And a whole load of the ones I, as a rule, avoid.  These include: 
  • The emotionally clingy as identified by expressions such as "Hey honey how are you. Chat soon, David xx " etc in their first email contact.
  • Guys who allude to sex in their first contact.
  • Guys whose profile say they use drugs, are looking for a one night stand or are from Cavan. Just messing about the Cavan bit.
  • Those who live more than 30 miles away. Sorry Chad from Conneticut, I'm sure you're right and we could have made sweet music but I got my rules...
  • Guys who stress terms like "open-minded" and "fun times" in their profiles. Reading between the lines? They're looking for nipple tassles and strap-ons on date 1.
  • Guys who actually mention strap-ons in their profiles..
  • Guy's who's profile pictures show them topless. Or in the bath. Or flexing muscles.
  • I'm 34. So anyone who's out of my target age bracket  - 33 - 39. And if I'm being honest it's 32 - 36 but in the interest of opening my mind...
  • (Actually, that's another difference between men and women - most men want a girl up to 15 years younger than them while a woman wants a guy her own age - but anyway, I'll save that for another post....)
  • Because I'm fussy about grammar and punctuation - and call me a snob if you must - I ignore guys who find it accepable to say things like "your lovely" and "i'm looking for an Easy Goin Women"
  • Because I'm over 13 years old, anyone who uses text speak  - it's one hell of a turnoff.
Long enough list, isn't it?  Oh Romeo, wherefore art thou...

No comments:

Post a Comment